View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by promptcritical View Post
My 2 row (1.25 inch tubes) cold case is actually no thicker, maybe even a little thinner than the 4 row Harrison I replaced. In any case, the radiator doesn't locate the shroud anyhow. The shroud bolts to the car so is fixed to the frame and that sets the relationship between the fan and the shroud. I have the stock AC pulleys and it doesn't look lie the clutch fan setup would allow for the fan to be moved closer to the water pump flange. I just find it curious that the alignment between the fan and shroud is "wrong" on what appears to be a totally stock setup. I don't think it's the wrong shroud.
Yeah, makes sense. I do know objectively that the CC is thicker than this Champion I have on my car right now, since I compared the measurements advertised on CC and Champion's websites. These little bits of space add up, and having the radiator at a more "correct" distance from the fan due to its thickness may help some, and also may make the fan clutch thermal coil more sensitive to the temperature coming off the rad. After all, radiation is one of the most dramatic and sensitive methods of thermal transfer. A tiny distance away makes a huge different in how much heat is transferred.

Last edited by nUcLeArEnVoY; 10-26-2021 at 01:39 PM.