View Single Post
Old 10-27-2021, 11:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If it helps ease anyone's mind at all, I find the distance of the blades in relation to the shrouds don't make a whole hill a beans difference.

I (or anyone that wants to) can look at several cars here in the stable. All with their factory clutch fans, factory shrouds etc.... Each car is a bit different in spacing, some have the fan all the way in the shroud, some have them maybe an inch out of the shroud, some are "maybe" half in/half out. There is no rhyme or reason to it.

Not one of them exhibits any type of heating issue at all and work perfectly fine. In fact some would say they run too cool, lol. So I just stopped paying attention to where the fan is placed a long time ago.

In fact, one car here with a nice running 327 in it doesn't have a shroud at all (factory). It just has the fan spaced close to the radiator, maybe an inch away. I can't get that car over 180 degrees no matter what I do with it. The funny part is now the aftermarket has stepped up and actually makes a small custom molded shroud for these cars. That's nice, but I just don't find a need for it.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE