View Single Post
Old 12-16-2021, 11:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

This is my '65 base Tempest sedan. This was the lowest priced Pontiac offered that year and is very basic/entry level. This also makes it the lightest Pontiac that year.
I bought it not running and wrecked as a junker/parts car around 1995. It was made with few options, std 6cyl engine and auto trans.
Having always liked altered wheelbase funny cars from the day, I decided over 20 years ago to build one the way I would have back then if I was around back in '65.
Most of the major body work was done between 2002-2012. There is a spec sheet included but, rear axle moved forward, wheel openings enlarged and moved forward. frame narrowed a bit as would have been done in '65 and fitted with a big car 9.3" rear. Have had both a 3.90 posi and a 3.64 spool built for it with steel billet axles.
The engine sits in the stock location but the front axle centerline was moved forward. The fiberglass fenders - I relocated the wheel openings and then stretched them to match the new front axle location and be period correct.
The Tempest will be running different eng/trans combos but, centered around a 'bored and stroked '59 389 to 577" and changed to a much taller deck height.
The 2nd engine is a MR-1 541".
The 3rd engine is my M/T HEMI Pontiac of 421"
For the top end, all will be blown with either 6-71 or 14-71 and using custom magnetos. I have both Hilborn 4 port and hat style injectors and Enderle bug catchers to play with.
For heads, will be running M/T HEMI set up, Kauffman High Ports and my own version of high exhaust port heads.
Behind the engine is a Lakewood bellhousing with a Lenco 3 speed using a Crower dual disc clutch.
Have also had a 400thm built for it.
This car will primarily be used for cruising, exhibition runs and some match racing. All to promote my Pontiac Heaven parts yards and museum I am working on here in Arizona.
Am undecided on color. It was originally blue charcoal which is very pretty but, candy red is also under consideration to match my Pontiac AA/Fuel Dragster. More info and pics on this Tempest and my collection on my site and facebook pages.
pontiacheaven.org
facebook- Pontiac Heaven
The car has been so close to being finished for many years. Other things seem to get in the way and keeping it from being finished.. I have not worked on it on about 5 years but, planning to continue the build next spring or summer.
The next things to do are- weld in the roll cage, install the glass.
It will be a very cool car to drive around, it will be street legal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Barcak Funny Tempest.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	579720   Click image for larger version

Name:	4 Temp info sheet.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	579721   Click image for larger version

Name:	Barcak Funny Tempest 2.jpg
Views:	249