View Single Post
Old 05-08-2023, 05:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just a quick catchup. I dealt with one thing I noticed whilst the heads were off which was that the return hose for my power steering pump had gotten brittle and started to leak. It's right in front of cylinder #1 and it seemed at least plausible to me that if it dumped fluid when I turned the wheel after it got hot then hit the manifold... Anyway, dealt with that, recieved my new spark plugs. Changed them. Went for a blast yesterday. Figured if it wasn't fixed at least the plugs would tell me if it was internal or external. Well... It's not external... Fact is, I'm seeing some evidence of carbon or oil on about half of the plugs. In a way, that's good. It's something not just in one place. It's either something upstream or something I consistently got wrong!

OK. Here's the "driver's" bank
7, 5, 3, 1

And here's the "passenger's" bank
2, 4, 6, 8

I think 7 looks most "wet". 8 looks great. 5 and 3 pretty good. Happy for any second opinions there.

Anyway, my plan today is drain some coolant, pop off the intake and shove a light around inside the runners and see what I can see..

Sam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-05-08 09.56.08.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	612161   Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-05-08 09.56.18.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	612162  

Sam Agnew

Where you come from is gone; where you thought you were going to, weren't never there; and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.
Ministry - Jesus Built My Hotrod