View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 12:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks Ed. That's good info. I'm not worried about the clay. You'd have to use a pickax and go down at least 12 inches to get to it under this 25 years worth of gravel and crusher run. I know. I've done it when I buried a wire. It's incredibly hard to go more than 3 or 4 inches down.
I don't know what the gravel is made from. It's pea sized.
Just as a point of interest, there is a LOT of granite in this area. Almost impossible to dig a hole here without having to remove huge granite boulders. When you hit one, you don't know if it's as large as a basketball or a Volkswagen....literally. There are spots right here on my road, where single slabs of granite show at the ground's surface for 1000 square feet. It gives well-diggers fits around here.
The grass and weeds do worry me....but to be honest, I could live with that although I'd prefer to avoid it.

As for pricing, we'll see how that goes. If the prices are as steep as you predict, I'll just keep living with the dirt. I think the prices here are quite a bit cheaper than in Canada.....and probably cheaper than most places in the continental U.S. outside of the southeastern part.