View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 09:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They work good, but the one I have is a little weak. If the AC comes on with car at idle, the plunger isn't strong enough to push the throttle. Once out it holds fine. My Vintage Air cycles and if it engages while the engine is at idle I need to very slightly wing the throttle to allow the plunger to come out. There is quite a bit of adjustment on the plunger and possibly yours is junked up and a bit of lube might help the threads. Just screw it back and forth and it should loosen up. And yes there is a lot of free play when not engaged and the shaft is moved in and out.

I figure that additional air flow through the radiator is a good thing with the AC on so have the solenoid set at a 1,000 RPM while the normal idle is about 850, and those settings feel right for my setup. For awhile I had the solenoid set where it just equaled the normal idle, but settled on the additional RPM as a better solution.