View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 09:50 PM
Senior Chief

Default RANT -- rear spoilers are junk and I don't understand why

I don't understand why every other rear tail spoiler sold for hondas to acuras to pontiac g8s to teslas is straight and fits the car as it should --- yet some 50+ years later not ONE person out there can make a proper fitting and STRAIGHT not sagging reproduction rear spoiler for a 1969 Trans Am.

I don't get it. Why can't one be made right? Am I asking too much. How hard can it be??

Is their anyone in this industry that can put some pieces together to get this part reproduced STRAIGHT out of the box AND stay that way once mounted?

The rear spoilers all look like wet noodles even on most $150,000 Trans Ams. Unbelievable.

Just bought another $250 The Parts Place plastic reproduction ABS plastic 1969 Trans Am spoiler and it is at least a 1/4 inch sagged out of the box. The first one I bought about 5 years ago from The Parts Place, also hollow ABS plastic, actually came out of the box mostly straight, but after some miles sagged like the old fiberglass one I was replacing for that same reason.

I am not a plastic guy, above my pay grade. But what the h*ll is so hard in making a spoiler these days that is STRAIGHT? How does every car from mustangs to camaros to challengers sold today with plastic spoilers have straight ones new and reproduced that last forever and don't sag -- yet five decades later we are left with Parts Place junk as our only option.

Rant over.