View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 05:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66sprint6 View Post
Well, I don’t know if this has anything to do with it, but there’s definitely some stuff going on. I can’t see everything because of the A/C ducts, but it’s enough to see that someone was fooling around. I don’t believe that the relay mounted to the e-brake bracket is original. It gets power from a wire off of a junction block on the other side of the firewall. That junction block is fed directly off of the battery connection on the alternator. I’m not sure where the thick red wire goes, but it appears to go up and back down with some other wiring behind the driver’s kick panel. The relay is triggered by some brown wire that comes down from the dash somewhere. Another brown wire is tapped from the fuse box and runs up somewhere. The other thin black wire coming out of the tap simply powers the under hood light. I also removed a wire that someone spliced into the ash tray lamp. They used lampcord. Geez. It didn’t go anywhere: whatever they hooked up to was gone.
Anyways, there sure is a lot more going on with an A/C car. It looks like some dismantling is in order. No big deal. Just harder to do in the cold.
That ain't factory! Let know what you find. PM me for cell # if you need.