View Single Post
Old 02-26-2022, 12:39 PM
Suspended

Mike here: I would like to add something to the Tunnel Ram Project. Since I have had my Tri-Power Rochester Carbs. apart half a dozen times in 10 years to ensure good performance and all the factory parts are present, I have noticed that the Main Well Tubes use Main Well Inserts over them. For those that are not familiar let me explain. The Main Well Inserts use holes in them to break down the fuel in order to quickly Atomize the Fuel Prior to entering the Venturi's. Thus, Atomization begins in the Main Well area, just as digestion starts in the mouth through saliva.

Let's look at the Tunnel Ram being produced by Tom and others. I Propose, an additional Atomization event be Included. Since you are making the Tunnel Ram even "gooder", then the Factory why not improve it on the Molecular level. My idea is simply to consider the upside-down "V" inner peak of the Tunnel Ram as the Roof of a home. The Peak would be the Ridge and the sides are the slope seen as Rise over run. The Rectangular Roof area is the Roof.

(1) Make the Rectangular area into the "Turtle" effect, designed to spread Fuel and sold on the market today. For example, to get this same effect, one could do it in several ways. (A) Make the Rectangular service as rough as you can to spread the Fuel and get Atomized into Fumes. (B) I would Imagine that the first Billet Tunnel Ram will be used as the "Plug" in Creating the Mold in the evolution of the Tunnel Ram to Fruition? When the Cast process is being instituted one could spray contact cement on both sides of a piece of very course Grinder sand paper and adhere that to the rectangular surface of the Roof. With that in the negative built into the mold would act as the Atomizer I propose.

(C) Now over and above that I propose that an additional and separate modification be instituted for even more Atomization. Build an upside down "V" out of Metal with holes in it by bending a replica of the Tunnel Rams peak roof, but say one inch over the peak in design. Stand off the unit, by threading, tapping a one-inch standoff rod, located were needed. The second Roof acts as the Main Well Inserts previously described. Make various holes in different diameters.

Make some holes by drilling through and leave them with sharp edges but wet sanded with mineral oil to de-bevel them. Other holes can de counter sunk, but still de-burred. I figure Fuel will run off the flat surface of the Metal plate then across the sharp edges of the rough holes. I figure the holes with the counter sunk edges will drop one inch and Atomize on the way down. The various size holes are experimental in that one could drop Mineral spirits over the plate at the height of the Throttle plates to see which hole works best.

Another ploy might be to build in a positive and negative dimple effect into the Roof surface of the upside down "V" first instead of the sand paper effect or use both simultaneously. The focus here is to get the Fuel Atomized best you can before it enters the Tunnel. The Tunnel must be addressed at this time, only the bottom I presume is necessary. I would roughen up that surface using the same methodology as stated before.

Now, of course some of you racing car people have already thought of some of these ideas, I am sure. Why not Incorporate these ideas into the mold while you can? The Metal plate with holes in it can be an option, as well as the rough surface, people can pay for the price of the upgrade if they want it.

P.S. Name the Tunnel Ram Project as: Adam, why? The acronym: "Atomization-Done-At-Molecular Level". Plus, Adam depicts the beginning of something, in this case Fuel going from a liquid to a gas. Mikes two cents.