View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 01:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I figured I'd follow up with this. Finally got the car done just in time for winter! I was a bit worried using the factory template for drilling the holes so I marked them up first, then laid the wing over the top and was very pleasantly surprised it lined up perfectly with all 4 holes. I didn't even need to egg out a single hole to get all four screws started after drilling them. as far as weight, It stays up without adjusting the deck lid rods, but just barely so I may try moving one of them one tab tighter. Best part was I didn't have to do anything but prime and paint. I didn't see any divots or waves that needed fixing. worst part was figuring out how to hang and paint it without missing anywhere. I made some stands on hinges and was really worried about ripping the threaded inserts out of the wing but everything held up fine.

overall, very happy with it and it feels rigid enough now that it's mounted. still need to see how happy it is after baking in some summer sun but can't test that out til next year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BGQX6938.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	604227