View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 11:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heybuck View Post
It's a Canadian part for sure.

'65 Australian RHD Pontiacs (which were all sourced from Canada), used the exact same parts, that is, a separate section for each tail light housing and a large central panel which contained the letters PARISIENNE.

Only fully imported LHD Pontiacs had the full tail panel such as on a Bonneville.

I have a couple of those NOS tail light housings, complete with lenses. I think I paid $10.00 each for them at a swap meet here some years ago.

Ian
I think the reason the Canadian Pontiac divided up the tail panel trim this way (same idea for the '65 Parisienne and '65 Laurentian, one said Pariisienne on the center panel, one said Pontiac) was because these were parts essentially fitted to the Canadian Chevy to make it "look" like a US Pontiac.

But I'm not convinced the one at ebay is a match to the Canadian piece.

Check the attached pic. You can clearly see where the dividing line is, it does NOT cross the horizontal ribbing.

Looks to me that the auction piece must have been cut from a US '65 Catalina/Star Chief part. Maybe it was used as some sort of display sample? Not a service part for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1965_pontiac_parisienne-pic-8449662920934372987.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	377876