View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 02:07 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default random

Some random shots I took of the "bigger picture". Nice to take focus off the frustration sometimes. Helps me remember why I'm doing any of this.

A few things left to do in this shot.
- connect the vac lines for the brakes (and cut those zipties holding them)
- some spark plug wires would be nice
- add the throttle cable
- connect the fuel pressure isolater and route the fuel pressure line
- Plug in the distributor

Lets appreciate that vast, open, and clean area of the firewall, shall we? Mmmmm....firewall.

Not 100% ready, but getting closer. There are a few gremlins lurking in these pictures I wouldn't undercover until startup. I'll document those later.

Vacuum pump catch can. Mounted slightly lower than the pump, so hopefully doesn't present an issue. Not ideal, but I'm running out of room for all this stuff!

The black dye on my steering wheel was showing some signs of wear, so I decided to redo it. SEM makes some awesome stuff. I took a chance (because Im cheap) and used the same SEM cleaner and prep I used the first time I did this wheel...which was well over 20 years ago. It worked! Bought a new can of color to ensure favorable results. Took almost 4 hours to get the wheel 100% cleaned of the old dye. This pic looks to be about 3.5 hours in.

Came out pretty good. I did NOT repaint the center section. As you can tell, color match is near perfect. As you can also tell, the interior is filthy.

Who needs nice and pretty, when you can have mean and nasty?
KRE Aluminum headed 463CID 73 LeMans. Used to run 10.6x @ 124.55. 3700lbs
So much for 2020...shootin for 9s in 2021...and in 2022 apparently.....looks like 2023 as well.
>>My 73 Build thread