Thread: WIW 70 Formula
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2024, 04:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455 View Post
Dang that thing is sweet!

Let me know if the PS belt helps, I'm curious. As I recall, the belt should consume the entire width of the pulley.

I have yet to find a backet for a type II pump with OE brackets, if they are out there, they are one-offs.

Using an OE valley pan, I doubt you will have oil consumption issues. Curious to know if you find oil in the catch can.

If your pedal ratio is correct (Top Hole in pedal) you should be good, it might just be the pads you are running, or it still needs bleeding. What pads are you running?

More initial bite-type pads might be in order, there are some Hawk pads that might work better for you. I was just talking to Tobin at Kore3 about that, maybe call him and talk to him about it. .
Thanks! It turned out pretty much like I envisioned, but more pleased than I thought I would be with the handling and ride quality.

I didn't notice much of a difference after I changed the power steering belt, but for whatever reason, the issue I mentioned previously has subsided. Maybe there was still a little air in the system that eventually bled out, or the tires are less sticky now. As I mentioned earlier, the more I drive the car, the more everything settles in.

I'm running what came with the Baer brakes, essentially a c5/6 pad. I'm going to follow their instructions to bed the brakes in properly, and go from there. If I can't get more bite with those pads, will probably try Hawk HP+.