Thread: WIW 70 Formula
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 01:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Last week I decided to address a minor issue that's been nagging at me...turn signal blinked way too fast and erratically. I switched out the flasher that came with the AAW classic update kit with a new one I had on hand. It didn't fix the problem, so I double checked the lights, and sure enough, found that front LH parking light wouldn't blink with the turn signal or with the headlights switched on. Oddly, however the parking light blinked with the emergency flasher, and it also came on with the headlight switch pulled halfway out. hmmm. I messed around with the socket of the reproduction parking lamp housing and eventually got it to work with the headlight on, but it didn't address the issue with the turn signal blinker. I spent a few hours checking the wiring and connections in the front wiring harness to the turn signal switch, and found all was in order. So I pulled a flasher from an old wiring harness...bingo. Just so annoying to spend so much time chasing down problems attributable to new parts that just aren't made well.