Thread: Tesla
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2023, 05:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radman View Post
I have been watching the EV debate for some time. I do not think that they would be practical for me. I live in the Appalachian foothills in Eastern Ohio. Today I made a trip to the grocery store, 18 miles one way. I used my GPS and got the major elevation changes in that trip. There are many minor changes that I did not list. Here are my elevation based on sea level by the GPS. At the garage 1028, top of the driveway 1161, at the road 1063. I will not list the other measurement locations but here are the big changes. 992, 1266, 1066, 1130, 962, 1066, 1130, 962, 908, 1145, 1158, 1024, 1136, 806, 920, 1111, 822.
OK add about 1000 pounds to the vehicle weight and drag it up and down those elevation changes. Also note that you will need to do those changes in the reverse order on the way back home.
Oh man I love reading this thread sometimes , usually well
Informed guy being completely uninformed about this topic is hysterical. Idk what the heck elevation changes have to do with an EV? I live in CT and I am I. Areas with pretty big hills and elevation changes there’s nothing my Tesla plaid can’t do better than a ICE car.
As with anything there’s differences . If you run out of gas you can’t put gas in it. ?

Yeah if your ICE car I
Runs out of gas you can’t put a charge in it , LOL

It really just infrastructure change . Many areas have guys with batteries on trailers that will come out and hit your car with a charge for you W AAA

Chevy BOLT? What a POS I’m sorry but if you’re gonna buy a EV buy a Tesla not some half Witt idea of an EV.

There’s a reason most EVs on the road are teslas. .

I wish I could take all of you in my Tesla model X plaid . You’d be blown away. There is not a Pontiac built that can compare ever . Not my RAIV not My RAV . Love my Pontiacs but this car trounces them in every way It’s just NOT on the same ballpark. Again love the nostalgia of my ponchos like crazy!!! But it’s like brining a rock to a gun fight.

I just want you guys to understand because you kind of sound ridiculous. If I didn’t tell you it was an EV driving unit you wouldn’t know. Except it was more torque and way more HP
It’s usable like a Catalina wagon but fast as a RAV pro stocker . . Gas stations? Haven’t seen one I. A long time, I charge it at night while I sleep most times and it goes 330 miles on that .
It costs me $40 to do so

I really don’t loses any sleep over people not “Getting it” but I read these statements and think how could people be soooooo misinformed . Those who know me know I’m NOT a freebie by any stretch of the imagination. FAR from it. I want a clean world but that’s not why I own one . I own one because it’s a better car. It’s better than anything I’ve ever owned. In 90 percent of circumstances .

I would t want to TOW heavy things like skid steers and boats , cars w it. And I wouldn’t want to be in areas without options for charging unless I had short drives like 75 miles or less . But everything else It is BETTER .

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!