View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 01:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
I'm not 100% certain you could get Rally2 on a fullsize if it had Disc Brakes (from factory).
This is correct, same with the California-only codes for the blocks. It has a lot of potential, I would actually hazard a guess that it is truly a California car based on that window rust. California cars didn't see rain anywhere near as much as the rest of the country, so people didn't necessarily notice the leaking windows and the rust forming like they would have back east. Well, they did actually: see the clear silicon on the back window which is a ghetto fix Californians love for fixing leaky windows. If the car was an east coast or midwest car the fenders and quarters would have much more rust than seen and the engine compartment would be much crustier.

I had a '67 Bonneville that had the exact same rust in the back window and front window that was repaired and it was a NorCal farming community car all its life for 40+ years. That car was repaired before it did much of any damage to the trunk and it was gorgeous underneath and inside for sheet metal. The roof looks like it received a lot of paint from the factory despite the vinyl top, which likely saved the roof from worse rot.

If you can fabricate the window channels for the rear window and patch metal, I'd say you would have a pretty nice car for not a lot of money. But if you're farming that out it's gonna be expensive if you can even find someone willing to do the work without a trowel.