View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 12:20 AM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve25 View Post
Tom, please prove that there was a production RA4 SD no less a production one with a true steel crank because I have never seen such!

This is going to be another royal battle I can tell so maybe we should start a separate thread?
1) Pretty easy to tell a casting line on a crankshaft vs a forging line on a steel crankshaft. I have been dealing with Moldex Crankshaft and Kellogg for over 45 years. Give me a break. I have 5 forgings for the 366 Engines in my garage right now. I bought 15 of the things when Moldex was going to scrap them. Only owned 1 RA-IV SD Crank sold it to marty Palbykin for his Twin Turbo Engine. The other crank I worked on and sent the engine down the road.

2) So you need to do a bit more research on the RA-IV SD engine. I don't have to prove anything to you.

Tom V.

If you had asked Mack McKellar or Tom Nell these questions years ago they could tell you all about them.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 02-23-2021 at 12:25 AM.