View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 10:51 PM
Senior Chief

Default Too many projects, too little $$ and time

Thanks to C5farmer, my wagons broken engine mount is repaired!! It runs and drives, and even stops (how about that stopping part, rare indeed, along with rare torn engine mount bracket, how'd that happen?). When the motor mount bracket broke on the passenger side,yes, the steel one, obviously, the crossover tube snapped off. Nice and loud, almost like keith's glass pack on his '61. lol.

The yellow convertible now has brakes, after resorting to rebuilding the original as the "New Master Cylinder" from Napa failed to build pressure. Bad check valve. 3rd one to have problems. China crap no good!!! It too runs , drives and stops now. Needs tires and she'll be on the road. Paint on the yellow convertible this summer and exhaust on all three others hopefully.

Open to suggestions and ideas of color combo for the wagon. So far, Babyblue to match my convertible, but also considering another metallic red, or even copper, white two tone deal for a more retro look. Hard to see, but gotta love the purple tinted windows on the wagon. Surprised it didn't have the furry dash that Keith's wagon was lucky to come with. haha! Neighbors tossing the thought of 421 or Ls2 conversion. Budget obviously not in mind as much as reality, dreams are nice though.

Don't worry, the electric fuel pump sitting on the engine manifold is only temporary until I get the fuel tank dropped cleaned and reinstalled with the pump mounted in the rear. Running on portable can. I will post pics and how and where when I do the install. The yellow convertible will be first for the pump as the tank is already out on it.

1962 Skylark convertible 215 4-barrel , auto
2009 G8 Sport red metallic, Onyx leather
Whatever else that make my way into the driveway