View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 01:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD455DJ View Post
Eric, Thanks for the suggestion...I'm going to order them along with polyurethane motor mounts. I read from a thread search on motor mounts someone used a poly mount on the pivot side and a regular (new) rubber mount on the other to minimize vibration. I'll have each kind to experiment if we have to. It's hard to believe we can't get good motor mounts in this day and age for all the Pontiacs that exist.

Here are a couple more pics with the aluminum intake and crossover sitting on the engine...round port exhaust manifolds next.

Dennis
Wow! I'm drooling...

I debated long and hard about going the "round port route" with my recent 455 build as well, but decided that acquiring all of the pieces to do it correctly (heads, intake, exhaust manifolds, etc) was a little more than I wanted to spend at the moment. So when I stumbled across a set of the odd casting 7L5 D-ports, I went that way for (basically) free.

Having said that though, I can see a day in the future when I may just do a top end swap and go "HO."

I've heard/read about the spacers under the frame mount plates and guys using all kinds of different mounts, or combination of mounts. I guess we've all bumped up against the same issue, so I'm sure you'll figure out what's best for your application too.

I've attached a shot of the 455 mount plates that I bought. I think they were Parts Place pieces (which required a little 'massaging' to fit the mounts), but overall I am very happy with the decision to go this direction. And I used a set of rubber mounts on mine, but I still feel like the engine is settled in so much better with this combo than the standard mounts.

Anyway, sure hope you keep the M-13, and keep the pictures coming!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4803.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	511742  

'74 Bonneville 4dr Sedan (455/TH400/2.93 open)
'72 LeMans GT (455/M-13/3.23 [8.5"] posi)
'71 GTO Hardtop (400/TH400/3.07 12 bolt posi)
‘71 GTO Convertible (455HO/TH400/3.23 posi)
'67 GTO Coupe (455/ST-10/2.93 posi)
'67 Tempest Wagon (428/TH400/2.56 posi)

Deuteronomy 8:3