View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 10:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

I’ve run a 30001 for about 30k miles with good results. It or the Snipers would be decently suited for your application.

There’s a couple things I would check and correct if applicable before you spent the money.

1. The electrical needs to be up to snuff. If you’ve got rats nest wiring, accessories that don’t work, low voltage etc, you need to fix that first. If the car’s electronics are bad, your experience with EFI will be as well.
2. Intake and exhaust leaks need to be sealed up. Any leaks on the intake or exhaust side mess with the system accuracy and causes a mound of problems.

If the above items are in good order, I’d jump right in to a throttle body injection setup.

My main recommendation with doing these is to not skimp on the fuel system. If you can afford the EFI, but skimp on the fuel system, your experience will typically be poor. That means from a budgeting standpoint, you also need to account for a new EFI ready fuel tank, in-tank fuel pump and fuel lines.

Don’t ever try to adapt stock parts into the fuel system, they are not designed for and are typically not sized properly for the application. I also recommend staying away from frame mount pumps and auxiliary reservoir systems.

The upfront cost with a good fuel system is marginally more than the bandaid systems, but well ahead of having to do it twice.

From an engine standpoint, the EFI doesn’t really know or care what’s inside. It makes its tuning and fueling decisions based on what you tell it to and its onboard sensors.

For the FiTech specifically it handles different cams based on a couple cam profiles that create a basic fuel map that then is modified by the short and long term learn trims. You choose these typically based on vacuum. if you have lots of idle vacuum, you choose place profile 1, if you have very little idle vacuum, cam profile 4. If you don’t know, profile 2 is the best place to start.

The Snipers are similar in their setup.

It’s not quite as cheap as buying just the EFI but in my opinion it becomes well worth it. Especially if you use the car in varying climates, altitudes etc.