Thread: 73LS9TA Updates
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2022, 06:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

So, I got the car back in January - we had a stretch of high 40s and low 50s in January. But I really didn’t want to drive her around a lot with all the rock salt silt on every singe paved surface. Also, I needed some clear film installed behind all 4 wheels and on the problems areas like the leading faces of the spoilers, etc.

Got all that done and then we got the absolute WORST of our winter weather throughout late January and through February. Sub zero temps and lots of snow, freezing rain and - of course - tons of road salt.

I took advantage of the downtime to send my dash bezel out to Randy Combs. I also sourced correct 1973 gauges with 160 speedo and 8k tach and got those installed along with matching fuel and volts gauges. And I swapped an aftermarket formula style wheel with Silver spokes just to brighten things up a bit in the interior. That and about 20 hrs of paint correction - a few hours at a time.

Last week we had steady, non-stop ridiculous rains. Washed all the streets clean as can be. And today we had 55* and sunshine. Today was my first real ‘pleasure’ drive after getting all the dial-in and tuning issues with the car addressed.

This car is just a goddam beast. She laid down around 560 at the tire on the Dyno which translates into maybe 675’ish at the crank(?). Yes, that ‘should’ be more with the Lingenfelter snout and pulley, but they Dyno tuned the car on ‘winter’ blend fuel and said she acted octane limited. They want to roll her again once all the stations in town have completely switched to ‘summer’ blend gas to see if that brings my numbers up closer to what Lingenfelter says we should be seeing (710 crank / 600+ tire)

Rolling down the road at 50, if you put the loud pedal to the carpet she will fishtail. And thats with 335/30/18 tires out back.

The paint looks incredible (after 20+ hrs of paint correction during the nasty weather) Dipped wet black with the Silver graphics can’t be beat.

I never thought I could be so damned excited about a car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E8FFB978-18DD-4C1E-A8EA-82C6362AB336.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	587193   Click image for larger version

Name:	8611AC9C-234C-4031-87A4-E8FCF66388FC.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	587194