View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 09:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I recently installed the Pypes transverse system on my auto trans 70 TA. Other than the expected need to trim the individual pieces to get everything to fit right, there were two major issues I ran into:

- The LH side downpipe wasn't shaped/formed correctly to clear the backdrive linkage coming off the trans shifter shaft. I ordered a second downpipe thinking I just got a bad one, but they were the same. I had to significantly "re-engineer" the backdrive linkage to get it to clear the pipe.

- The kit from Pypes comes with no provision to hang the muffler properly. There's a couple of rubber straps to bolt in to the floorpan if you so choose... but seriously? I was hoping the stock hanger brackets would be able to work, but on my car where the muffler needed to be laterally to get everything else to work, it didn't line up under the factory isolators. So I ended up making a "hanger bar" out of a piece of steel bar stock that I cut up and welded together. Works pretty well - some pics below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Muffler Hanger Bracket Welding 1.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	551733   Click image for larger version

Name:	Muffler Hanger Bracket Painted.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	551734   Click image for larger version

Name:	Muffler Hanger Bracket Installed 2.jpg
Views:	417