Thread: WIW 70 Formula
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 12:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jeff,

There are two sandlewood's. The lighter of the two is the tan color (which GM called medium sandalwood) that was used on the seats and interior trim panels. The darker sandalwood was used on the metal part of the dash, the metal panel under the rear window, the dash pad and filler panels, front kick panels and front floor console.

The paint formula for the darker sandalwood will include an additive which is like finely ground sand, I think they call it "suede." When added to the paint, this will make the texture of the painted surface feel like very light sandpaper, I believe this was to reflect glare, which is why the darker color was used on the metal panel under the rear window, even though it seems as though this part should be the lighter color in order to blend with the upper inner quarter trim panels (which are the tan color). The textured paint is only used on the metal dash and the metal panel under the rear window.

There has been some discussion as to which color was used on the rear package tray, the lighter color or the darker color. I'm not 100% sure which is correct, but I used the darker color on my car because I thought looked the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator67 View Post

Also, are there any other areas besides the top of the dash that should get sprayed with the Sandalwood color?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP9440.int2.done.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	563372   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP9437.int.done.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	563373   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP9452.int4.done.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	563374   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP9808.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	563375  

Last edited by eaglesan13; 03-26-2021 at 12:47 PM.