View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 07:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Underbody and firewall are painted with epoxy.

In preparation for painting the underbody, I added some seam sealer and installed the floor plugs.
Before applying any seam sealer, I brushed SPI epoxy primer onto the places first. I used some 3M urethane seam sealer and also some Evercoat brush-on seam sealer which is gray. I installed the floor plugs using the seam sealer as an adhesive and covered the edges with the brush-on.
Underneath, I only used the seam sealer on the toe-board to floor pan seam and in the wheel wells were the outer and inner wheelhouses join.

I sprayed the SPI epoxy primer on today using an Iwata LPH-400 gun with the Devillbiss DeKups spray cup system which allows the gun to spray completely up-side-down. As I did with the frame, I sprayed 2 coats of epoxy with the first coat in gray and second in black as it helps get a more even coat on the 2nd coat that way.

Gray coat:

And the black coat:

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO
The Following User Says Thank You to roger1 For This Useful Post: