View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 08:07 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Updates

I got some suspension parts painted with epoxy primer:

I got the brake backing plates painted, pressed new lugs into the new axles and installed got them installed:

I dropped by the interior shop last week and he had gotten the seats all broken down and the frames were already back from getting powder coated. They look really nice:

He did not send the rear panels out for powder coating so I took them back home with me and will clean them up and paint with epoxy primer. I also brought back many of the small parts to clean up or replace with new.

I also dropped by the machine shop last week to drop off the new water pump that had been back-ordered and he said he planned on starting on my engine this week. I ordered a new set of spark plugs, spark plug wires and a loom set and I'll take those over when I receive them.

Since my goal is to have my suspension all installed and have my chassis able to roll soon, I needed to decide what I wanted to do for a steering box. After a lot of research, I decided to get a new Borgeson 800 box and got that ordered from Ames.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO