View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 07:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Several more things done since my last post.

I got the rear suspension installed. Some brake lines too. I bought the frame supports from Inline Tube and painted with epoxy as they come unpainted. Everything I've read says its a good thing to add them as the factory did on the 4 speed cars only.

I painted the new drums and brake cylinders with Duplicolor cast color to hinder them from rusting.

I started assembling the front suspension too. I'm ready to install the springs but I'm waiting for a new spring compressor that I ordered. I have one but don't trust it anymore and I'm not sure I would trust the loaners from Autozone either. The one I ordered is an OTC 7045B but it is backordered so it may be a while before I get it.

I got my Borgeson 800 steering box delivered and installed. The reviews on this are excellent.

These cross shafts are original but all the hardware is new. I recorded what the old shims were and installed new shims that were the same size to use as a starting point for an alignment. The upper and lower bushings are Prothane. The seller of the car had bought these. I greased them up well with their special grease. I bought a tub of it as I wanted to put more on than the little tubes they give you.
The rear bushings are all stock-type Moog replacements.

I also started working on the interior and seat parts that I brought back home from the interior shop last week.

I used a stripping disc to get the glue off the rear panels and blasted them. I'll paint these with SPI epoxy at the same time as when I paint the body floor. I'm planning on doing that fairly soon.

I also blasted, painted and lubed the bucket seat tracks. I used motorcycle chain lube that's kind of a wax designed so dust and dirt doesn't readily stick to it.

Here's the rest of the parts I need to go thru and decide what to clean up and what to replace.

I stopped by the machine shop this morning to take him some parts that I had bought. Spark plugs, wires, loom kit and an oil filter. He said he won't be able to start on the engine this week but next week sounds like a for sure.
I'm thinking my Art Carr 200-R4 should be here next week if he sticks to the 1 month estimate he gave me.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO