View Single Post
Old 01-07-2023, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSoul_YoungBlood View Post
I have explored the idea of making repops of the lenses via additive manufacturing (basically a liquid acrylic 3d print) I work in that space and the margin of effort vs financial reward is pretty close. If there were enough interest it wouldn't be to difficult to print RH an LH repops of the side marker lenses as well as the front lower park lamp housings...those are even more difficult to find than the lenses. the park lamp housings can actually be printed with a high degree of strength and have a reflective coating applied cheaply. Trust me, I have a 70 lemans and through the years of it being disassembled and moved around they went missing, took me forever to find NOS parts only to hit a goose a year ago and really tear up the LH side, thankfully my front valance has never been a concern. Honestly...If i ever smashed up the front end beyond repair id would be much cheaper to put all of the repop GTO components on (including GTO fenders) than to ever try sourcing all the 70' parts.

I did source JUST NOS grills, valance, turn signal and side markers with housings. Already had hood. Would have been cheaper to clone over whole front end. Added it up both ways myself. Problem is… “it’s just a Lemans.” Hard loaded 1/1673 70 Sport Coupes ever built. I wasn’t about to give up that front end. So I spent more building “just a Lemans” than I would having “identified as” as GTO. I’d be happy to fly wherever and furnish NOS parts for the copy. If it could just be made to break even, keep existing cars in parts, and maybe save a Sport Coupe, T-37, GT-37 or someone’s dads “just a Lemans” from being cloned out of existence, I think that would be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk