View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 12:28 AM

The Pontiac master parts list GRP 12.243 has part number 478282 as a replacement switch for '67-73.

I archived the following info identifying switch colors. I don't recall from where.

-'67-69 Pontiac's with electric trunk release used a momenentary switch with a large rounded off black button that stuck out. With this style switch, the entire switch was held to the inside of the glovebox with a thin nut, similar to a radio shaft nut. This style button was also used in Bonnevilles and GrandPrixs up through '69 models. The correct one piece trunk release latch asm for these 3 years has a PINK wire coming out.

-'70-mid 74 model Pontiacs used the small diameter pop in mount GREEN button switch, the button on these are nearly flush with the surrounding black case.

- mid '74 through '81 GM products used a small YELLOW button switch that other than the button color is identical to to the earlier green button. During the late '70's a few larger diameter flush pop in style attachment trunk release buttons appeared.

- the only red button switch I have pulled with factory trunk releases were installed in early '70's BUiCKs. these red ones are identical to the green and yellow "pop in mount" style buttons, just different color molded button.