View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 05:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG68 View Post
X2. Been down that path with various bulbs sold in the stores.
One thing I've noticed is their lifespan seems to be much shorter. Even the push in type used on newer vehicles.

So I've either bought NOS bulbs from the 60s-70s or raid the junkyards for original USA made bulbs. I eyeball them for broken filaments or darkened bulbs and can get a handful for a few dollars.
I rescued 1000's of 1157's back from the dumpster at work 20-25 years ago. I used sell bags of 50 or 100 of them on ebay for like $10 shipped back when ebay was cheap and fun. lots of garage shops used to buy them from me. also used to give them out to friends and random muscle car guys at the car shows as well as drop a bag of 10 or so into any gto parts sale that had the room in the box as a bonus for the sale. I still have a bunch of them somewhere up in the attic of the garage but time and poor weather storage has weathered the bright brass. I'm sure they're still up there somewhere, just haven't come across them recently. We used to build a crane game at work that used a trailer tail light setup but they changed the bulb to something else and would throw these out in the garbage. supplier had no interest in us returning the unused bulbs. what a waste!