View Single Post
Old 03-24-2022, 08:23 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill ryder View Post
WONDERFUL 2017 was a great show. Good venue. Lots of cars. Glad it is going back to Springfield.....

"Bill"!

I just do not understand why GTOAA and POCI struggle so much. Like a couple of kids fighting over a toy. Same date in 2023. So you have to pick. Choose me. No, choose me. The co-ventions are WONDERFUL. Someone is going to have to step forward, put their big boy pants on. We are definitely getting older, but I don't know about smarter.
Good point Bill. GTOAA traditionally holds our conventions the last week of June up to the 4th of July. POCI the week or so after the 4th of July. Years ago there was a gentleman's agreement between the former AA president and POCI not to step on each other's convention. Since then 2016, 2018, and now 2023 their dates encumbered ours. In 2014 the 50th Anniversary of the GTO, I personally put together the huge GTO event in Carlisle, it was then learned, their convention date was changed to that same date, the 3rd weekend of June. Take it for what it's worth.

I don't know the circumstances on their scheduling nor am I'm not going to get into a pissing contest over this but your point is well taken, we've been hearing the same from others. Our dates do not change, except for 2021 in Wisconsin when our chapter set up the date then decided they couldn't host the convention, we had no choice but to proceed with the date they chose or have no convention, we discussed that date with Chula Vista Resort and that week was the only week they had available and they made it financially lucrative for us to honor that date. If you look at our history of scheduling you'll see we are stable in our dates.

Last edited by GTO JUDGE; 03-24-2022 at 08:46 AM.