View Single Post
Old 05-06-2022, 09:19 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat 67 View Post
You ain't the only one that thinks that!
They were never that nice NEW.
Charles
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Freakin beautiful!
Be honest, have you ever been treated for OCD?
Thanks!! I'll admit to being anal but I haven't made the leap all the way to OCD. I'm working on it though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSLCAH View Post
If you had to guess…how many hours …not including bead blasting. I did my set ..but it was a while back. …and it sucked …lol
Anyone who's done these understands how much work it is. I really wasn't sure the best way to attack it either and questioned myself a few times on the way I finally chose. Putting them in the blasting cabinet after spraying them with clear I'm sure seemed a bit odd. But it worked well and I'm very pleased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSLCAH View Post
He’s not finished with them yet….still has to sand with 800 then 1000 then 1500 then 2000 then 3000 then 5000 then 8000 …then Hand Rub with compound then Hand rub with Polish……..
You cracked me up with that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtospieg View Post
I guess there's no chance you're putting trim rings on those.
I know, they will get marks in them but I guess I'll have to live with that. They just look better with them IMO. Sorry Judge owners.
I am however thinking about painting the egg crate parts of the front grille black. That's something I really like about the Judge. No wing for me on this car though.
Got a suggestion about where to buy new trim rings? Are rings the same for the 15X8 wheels on the back as they are for the 15X7 on the front?

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO
The Following User Says Thank You to roger1 For This Useful Post: