View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 04:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 1977 trans am with a factory 455

HI I was talking to a friend of mine the other day. He is in his 70's and the original owner of a 70 gto. He has been a gear head his entire life with extensive knowledge of the musclecars in their day. He was saying he was friend s with a Pontiac dealerships owner son back in the 70's

Anyway, he told me he saw in person in the back storage area of the dealership a brand new original 1977 trans am in black. it had a 455 4 speed in it. As far As i know the 455 ended in 1976. The story he got from the dealers son , is once in a while the high volume dealers got a chance to buy one off cars such as this 77 ta w a 455 in it.

The car was not for sale at the time and was part of a one off collection that the owner of the dealership would buy and put away. I have no reason to doubt him .

I don't doubt Pontiac would hang an interesting car such as this as a carrot in front of a dealers nose to perform.

For the hell of it, have any of you guys heard of something like this or has a 77 ta surfaced with a factory 455 in it. what would such a car sell for today? Thanks. the dealership was Carr Pontiac , South Orange NJ

I hope i explained this right.