View Single Post
Old 05-13-2022, 08:01 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

One more oddity, when he bought his 70 gto 455 in early 69, it had confirmed by pics taken when he bought the car new off the lot with 455 ho stickers on the hood scoops. It was on the lot that way. I understand the dealer my have put them on? but whats curious is those stickers shouldnt have existed until 1971. Even though the 70 455 was known as a 455 ho with d port heads , they were never stickered that way. nor should have those decals existed until next the model year. I have the cars PHS thinking maybe engineering messed w it prior to cutting it loose because that car was built to go, 455 ho 4 speed m21, 12 bolt 3:31 posi. I dont know the dealer or factory codes designating this car as possibly having pontiac engineering ****ing w it , putting it through its paces and dressing the car up prior to releasing it for sale. In fact he had the motor rebuilt in the late 70's the mechanic opened it up and said there are forged rods in here. As far as I know there were no forged rods until 1973 SD motor or early 421 SD motors, Maybe ram ii? That also led me to believe that car was pulled aside and "fixed up" prior to sale at pontiac. I will move this over to 1970 gto thread but some weird stuff happened back then.
This was my neighbor and I met him and the car in 1980 , original paint original everything garaged car, still in his garage. His wife is on the title bc he was listed as possibly getting drafted in vietnam at the time and he couldnt get a loan in his name. So this is truly a one owner old lady drove it to church car on sundays.

Last edited by 70ram4; 05-13-2022 at 08:08 AM.