Thread: Head gasket?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 06:08 PM

Had it running for a short bit again.. same super rich gray smoke condition. I realized I hadn’t removed and cleaned the float screw and the needle and seat, took them out and we’re feet gummed up, replaced them with new once’s that came in my rebuild kit. Unfortunately concurrent to this I put on another carb that I have (850DP that I had taken off because I couldn’t get it to run right) it has been in a drawer for a few years but was empty of fuel when stored. Once on it started right up.. but then flooded really bad again. All the plugs were wet, and when I pulled #8 gas came pouring out of the cylinder. That was enough for me today… but I think I’m chasing a few problems
1. Carb needs to be adjusted correctly and functional
2. Though I have spark, I’m thinking it may be intermittent and lead to the lack of combustion and add to the flooding condition

The distributor is a petronix hei, it’s on its 3rd coil and 2nd ignition module. This makes me think it’s time for a new one, and the trouble I’ve had with this one could be from bad grounding.. so I’m going to replace all the ground on the car.. then start again with the carb.. and since I had gas come out of the park plug hole I I’m guessing I should also change the oil again as well…