View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Senior Chief

Default Checking centerline on a Summit 2802 cam...need help

Looking for someone that is familiar with the summit 2802 cam. I checked the centerline and with it installed straight up I come up with 114. Since the cam card does not say what the centerline should be I am lost. I have read on here some one said to install it at 108 which I think should be about right. Anyone have any experience? Also cam card says intake should open at 3 degrees BTDC @.005 When I check I get the intake opening at 27 degrees BTDC. That seems off a lot. Also specs are given at .005 not .050 which is normal. I can go ahead and advance the cam 6 but I was just curious what other people have found using this cam. I have one of the dreaded 9 key-way timing sets so I don't know what I will get into when I start trying to advance the cam using that thing. The car is 70 Judge RA III, all stock. I kept the 10.5 compression. Dave at SD Performance did the heads. They have a little bit of work done to them but nothing radical, mostly just a good clean up with all new stainless ferrera valves. Thanks for any help.