View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 10:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I can't see the 79-81 cars ever coming close to the 70-73 or 77-78 cars, mainly because they made so many of them. The early 70-73 T/A are the best looking IMO and will always be the ones to have. The 74-76 T/A's have their following, but it's typically made up of people that had a specific year or knew someone who had one. The 77-78 Bandit cars will have a following, though I'm not sure how much they'll pay for one?

I had a 1980 Turbo T/A in 1982. It was a beautiful maroon car with a red interior and I owned it for 5 or 6 years. I was pretty, but gutless. The 79-81 pace cars are rare and selling for less than I would expect, but unsure how much they'll go up in the future.

I own a 75 T/A now with a rust free body. I'm hesitant to put much money onto it, because I don't expect it back. Seems kind of pointless really to put $20K in a car just to wait to get $20k when you sell it.

The real bottom line is demand. I drive a 2010 SS Camaro 6-speed and it hauls ass. AC works, has airbags and gets almost 20 mpg. I read recently that the new 4-door Chevy Malibu V6 is faster than a stock 67 Shelby Mustang, so technology has moved past the muscle of the 70's.

For this forum I do have a question about value. In your opinion, if I put a 72 nose on my 75 T/A would it be worth less? I have all the parts do it, including 72 or 73 grills. It's a Bucaneer red car and this was my plan before I have it painted.