View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 12:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
You're entitled to your opinion, research says there is a stark difference between the filters. They repay their cost on a vehicle driven within 50,000 miles. Mine paid for themselves in 35,000 miles, the reduction in engine wear is a no cost bonus.

I have no illusion that a car driven 1000 miles a year is going to repay the cost of the filter, but when you drive 10-12000 miles a year you will have a payback within 5 years.

F Rock has already posted that his modest filter investment is to protect the $8000 initial investment in his engine. You're a doubter, I was at one time too. Someday maybe you'll realize that there are better alternatives to the OEM system, or not.................

youre entitled to your own opinion too... but you are not entitled to your own facts.

i pointed out many facts about how millions of cars reach the same miles as what you listed & more, none of them use bypass filters. how is that possible?

i also asked you to provide some type of evidence that the average car or classic shows any measurable wear with a standard filter compared to bypass, i will wait for that proof.

for (hopefully) the last time, i agree they are better filters, but they are intended for the types of vehicles i mentioned that see close to or over millions of miles & companies or owners that have numerous vehicles doing that kind of service that can benefit from it.

nobody needs to do research to see that millions of cars go to 200+300k miles on standard filters, if thats the case then they clearly are doing whats required of them. period. you can justify a bypass by money savings on oil & filters but the reality of that is adding 1 qt after high miles does not replenish the additives that break down or get used up from the normal use of the engine let alone the viscosity break down & shearing that occurs, theres a lot more to oil than just the filter...

there is no "disdain" from me, you keep missing the part where i agree they are a better filter, the point you just cant accept for some strange reason is they dont have any real benefit for the average car or classic car on this forum. explain how millions of cars go to 200-300k miles on standard filters if stnadard filters are so inferior, untill then you can use what you want, but telling everyone else they are ruining their engines with standard filters is getting rather tiresome.