View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72LuxuryLeMansLa. View Post
I suspect you have the same deal as a bunch of guys, there are a few different issues contributing to your higher than desired temps. Notice I said higher than desired and not over heating. Some guys find a few degrees here and there by going through everything that can cause higher temps. They find dragging brakes, timing and fuel mixture issues, a few thousandths off on water pump plate clearance, radiator is dirty, plugged or wrong model for the application, bad fan clutch, wrong clutch or fan, fan incorrect distance from radiator, no shroud, wrong or incorrect fitting of shroud, or wrong amount of fan in and out of shroud................... I'm tired of typing!

Karl

I guess being a custom set up makes it even harder to diagnose the problems. I am running an electric puller fan with a custom shroud (sealed to the core) the radiator seems to be doing its job, as the coolant drops temp by at least 20 degrees. Now if I can just get it to run down the road at 180-190 degrees I will be happy. Getting closer everyday.