View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jray1 View Post
Right now I have the hose out the back passenger head that goes to the heater core t'd So it goes from the back of the head to the passenger side of the intake. With a vintage air system there is an electric valve that doesn't open to let the hot water thru to the heater core until u turn it on heat. I was afraid the lack of flow here could have been part of my problem.
Jray,

I apologize for being a bit thick headed here but I still don't get this part...... Are you actually plumbing the heater feed into the "intake" as in intake manifold water crossover? Or do you mean the flow goes into the "intake" on the timing cover/pump housing? May be that a picture would help me here... I have a '72 model so it may be the difference in the design of the timing cover/pump housing for the '68 is hurting my small brain
I don't know for sure that routing this one way or the other is affecting the temps but every little hindrance to proper cooling system function will add up.....
Anyway, if you could post a picture of this I would appreciate it. I'm constantly trying to learn here.

Karl