Thread: Clutch size
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2023, 12:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhill86 View Post
Small update is I took my flywheel to get resurfaced and afterward I noticed something I hadn’t before. This flywheel, which was advertised as a replacement for external balance and pictured with a portion of material drilled out for that offset balance, is missing the drilled portion. I called where I bought it from and after sending pictures and some back and forth they advised all of their on the shelf flywheels of the same part number have the drilled portion so mine must have escaped without it.

I never noticed a vibration but was able to confirm with my engine builder from 6 years ago my rotating assembly and stock flywheel was balanced and required no change.

The place I bought the flywheel from us me return the defective one and they are sending me a new one. Can’t complain seeing as I bought the other one almost a year ago but I slowed me down on getting everything back together this weekend like planned. Plus I ate $50 on the resurface but oh well. I’m sure I’ve spent more on worse.
Man that's weird. Good on them for fixing the situation. Sucks about the waste of a resurfacing, but lok at it like you're getting a new flywheel for $50.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National