View Single Post
Old 02-25-2023, 05:12 PM

Thanks to everyone who responded with their recommendations. Here is what I concluded from the inputs on this thread, and from reading older threads on this topic.

There seem to be (or have been) three possible solutions for the replacement filler panel.

1) NOS – New Old Stock, available from Ames
2) Rubber Reproduction – available from Ames and other part suppliers
3) Fiberglass

Most of the inputs that I saw regarding the NOS filler panels said that because of their age, they have become very fragile and are not a good current solution.

Fiberglass replacement panels are not currently available from any of the part suppliers that I searched. Also, I read older comments about the fiberglass filler panels not having the proper installation mounts, so other mounting solutions would be required.

Rubber Reproduction filler panels are readily available. In talking to part suppliers, it looks like the rubber reproduction filler panels are made by The Parts Place. If there are other producers of the filler panels, I am not aware of them.

I ended up purchasing the installation hardware kit from Ames, and the filler panel from The Parts Place.

If I learn anything more once I have the filler panel installed, I will update this thread.

Bob

1974 Formula 455 - Ascot Silver