View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 08:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

you guys need to do some searches, this has been documented many times. I'll see if I can find them and link some threads. 1970 remote used the chrome 69 mirror. the stalk is longer and mounts at a different angle. the holes are different on the doors to mount the body mirrors. You'll also have an issue putting the control cable in the door panel because the joystick control is different between the 69/70 oval mount on the door panel that used a nut to hold the control on vs the 71/72 with the square mount that had a clip that held it in from the back side.

65gp's picture also shows that the mirror is in the wrong location, mounted in the original 70 holes but the 71 mirrors mounted back further because the there was no stalk so it mounted further back so the mirror glass sat in the same location relative to the viewing angle.

well, I just "did some searches" and I can't ever find squat with the search function! then I crawled through all 66 pages of my past threads and nothing jumped out at me so I'm not suggesting searches anymore! Anyways, I think the old door I've got sitting behind my garage is the 70 door I had to plug the holes and redrill for my 71 sport mirrors so I could grind the paint and see what still shows from the original mirror holes compared to sport mirror placement from 71/72. the pics i took of the current door is an actual 71 door that's on the car (door #3) on my ride since new. it's had a hard life.

On the F body thing, I want to say that they were close to the same and it was the angle of the plastic gasket that changed between the body types to level them out. It was always a thing back in the junk yarding days to nab a set of mirrors off the plentiful F bodies in the yard for your A body.

Last edited by gto4evr; 05-18-2022 at 08:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to gto4evr For This Useful Post: