View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 08:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I dont have Menards in my area nor have I ever been to one. I have been doing construction for 40+ years and not sure I have heard of shingles being 'scotch guarded'. I suppose its just another gimmick in these days of gimmicks. Get the best product you can afford, like was mentioned a roof is not an area to cheap out on. Also, for what ever its worth, check the warranty/wear life. Personally I dont believe in warranties on const. products, I have yet to see one that works! Most shingles today are 30 yr life span min. Menards may very well have a good product but I would stick with one of the proven manufacturers myself.

As far as metal being the last roof, not really true. It will last for awhile but not a forever roof. A true standing seam metal roof is good for a house, but will start about $1000. a square. Lots of people in my area are putting 'metal roofs' on their homes but they are nothing more than junk barn roofs. Why would someone want a roof with 10,000 holes screwed into it? If you really want something to last go slate or even concrete!