View Single Post
Old 06-30-2021, 07:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by padgett View Post
Just know last time I looked a real GM "wing" (as opposed to a spoiler/finger smasher) was multipeice and the repops weren't
yeah I know. I had bought an original wing at a swap meet back in the 80's that had popped apart and at the time I wasn't sure how to go about gluing it back together, then some guy came over to buy some parts off me and spotted the wing in my parts shed and made me an offer I couldn't refuse at the time (think I got $100 for it, what a deal!) I kick myself everyday for letting it go.

hammertime - where are you getting this plastic one from? I really don't feel like 20 hours of fab work like I had to do with the complete pile of trash 69 wing I bought from PP a few years ago. what a fiasco that was. wing stood probably 2 inches too high and the pedestals were hollow. I ended up filling them with resin, then cutting them down, then endless hours of sanding on the pedestals to get the contour right to match the deck lid to bring the wing tips down to the quarters where they're supposed to be. I figured it wouldn't be that much of a deal if/when the 71 wing was off since the ends are in the air and not so blatently obvious when it was wrong.