View Single Post
Old 07-01-2021, 06:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via ICQ to Hammertime Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto4evr View Post
okay, I guess it helps to read the ads and answer some of my own questions.

Parts Place claims they make their own new fiberglass wing which is best in the market

Tamraz says theirs is injection molded plastic

CARid says their wing is fiberglass and made by a company called RESTOPARTS which they claim is best in the market

Ames - doesn't say who it is other than it's a new process so I'm going to guess it's a PP wing?

"best in the market" propaganda claims aside, this looks like 3 mfgs to me. Mike, which fiberglass one did you have you were unhappy with? I'm a bit leary of this plastic wing. what does it do after cooking in 100 degree sunlight for 5 hours at a car show or all day in a parking lot?
A third party that owns the car ordered the first spoiler from OPG. I talked to Year One as they were offering the fiberglass and injection molded spoiler. The tech person at Year One said the feed back on the injected spoiler was better than the fiberglass. Year One was currently out of stock. They offered to call the manufacturer of the injected spoiler to get a ship date. They were told the end of June for delivery. So I looked else where and found that Tamaraz on E-Bay had the injection molded spoiler in stock. So the third party ordered it from Tamaraz. Only to find out that they were also out of stock. We just got a notice that the spoiler has been shipped. Hopefully the spoiler is being shipped to me, where the car is. If it is I'll have more info for you.