View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 01:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default My new '72 LeMans GT

Hi gents,

I recently scored a fantastic '72 LeMans GT!

Born and raised in Tucson, I have now brought it home to metro Phoenix, and am learning all I can about the GT's...

On mine, options include: WU2 "GT" option, "T41" Endura nose, Heavy Duty 3 speed, 350 2 bbl, P/S, A/C, AM radio and Soft-Ray windshield. That's it. Monarch Yellow with Saddle (bench) interior. 82k original miles, and spent its entire life in Tucson. As you can imagine, it's completely rust free, albeit sun-faded. Luv it!

My plans are simple for this one... Leave it alone. Oh sure I'll repaint it, and detail it some, but no changes to factory. And as I enjoy cruising it, it will serve as a rolling blueprint for my '71 GTO Convertible currently undergoing restoration in my garage.

Anyway, I have a question for you "GT" guru's... Can anyone post a pic(s) of the GT stripe on an original car with a T41 nose? I've seen a few shots on google, but I don't know if they're correct as I suspect they're repainted. I want to be able to repaint mine and lay down the stripe as the factory did. Unfortunately mine has been lost to the ravages of time and "bodywork" prep.

In the meantime, here is a shot of the car as we were bringing it home the other night (thanks Steve Barcak for helping shuttle it home!). Bonne served support duties during the adventure. Now I'm looking forward to many days of cruising in the GT as I welcome her to the fleet!

Thanks gents!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	332000  

'74 Bonneville 4dr Sedan (455/TH400/2.93 open)
'72 LeMans GT (455/M-13/3.23 [8.5"] posi)
'71 GTO Hardtop (400/TH400/3.07 12 bolt posi)
‘71 GTO Convertible (455HO/TH400/3.23 posi)
'67 GTO Coupe (455/ST-10/2.93 posi)
'67 Tempest Wagon (428/TH400/2.56 posi)

Deuteronomy 8:3