View Single Post
Old 05-07-2022, 03:01 PM
Senior Chief

I was gonna start a new thread but thought all the help I have received so far and the things i have done would help others know where im at on this.
Well I thought all was well, not. I did get it to stop stalling (COIL or coil ground) and vaccum leak fixed (correct gasket), but I still had a problem about 1500-2000 rpm and up of bad hesitation/ no power. So I said if the coil was bad for the stalling problem must now be the hei control module (chinese crap). I had one and put it on it didnt like it run worse, so i put the other back in. My son and I had already agreed that if the module did not fix it we would take the demon 1900 carb off my 60 c10 and put on the gto, we did and other than a vaccum leak it ran great no hesitation, we put the gasket that was on the afb and now no vacuum leak starts, idols and runs real good. I would rather run the afb. With afb it starts good idols good just the super bad hesitation. Son kept saying carb I said electrical, he won, lol. I rebuilt carb while doing engine bay detailing, I have rebuilt a lot of tripowers carbs and a few elderbrocks, and others over the years, not sure how it ran before I just bought the car. any ideas let me know. thanks