View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 10:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

This GTO was Lucerne blue with white int. It did not have air but, was an automatic and had few other options. I decided to make this one a hot rod as I really liked the color combo and that it did not have a/c. I built up a nice med compression 455 using 670 heads that I opened up the chambers to around 80cc and a highly modified Torker I put a million hours into. This was the first engine where i bought calipers and mikes and other specialty tools like a CCing kit to become a better engine builder. This car was also the first time I used a roller cam. Interior looked completey stock including shifter, etc. I added factory tach and gauges, manual disc brakes, ps and a decent stereo. I then repainted this rust free body at a friends shop Lucerne blue, added my favorite polished 8" snowflake wheels and big rubber, etc. It used headers with full stock exhaust and tail pipes.

I used a factory ram air set up. The air cleaner was from a Formula I had parted out and saved. The hood ram air pan was actually still available from the dealer in 1983/84 timeframe was was surprisingly cheap. I think I paid less than $20 for it though I had a discount because I bought so much from them. It also had a 4.11 12 bolt. My quickest ET was 11.73 which is not bad for 1985. I was 25 at the time. The car could have been much quicker but, never really had it set up correctly.

After I got the car in the 11s the drag strip made me put in a roll bar which fit pretty well.

I ended up selling it to a gal who really wanted the car. She gave me a deposit well before I was ready to sell it. It was sold with a stocker 455, auto and open rear and different wheels and no roll bar. I actually ended up buying it back in the late 90s in very poor condition and it has passed hands a few times since and remains in poor condition as best I know.

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11