View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 01:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry455 View Post
Technically a 25 year old car is considered a classic. It is enough to get an antique plate in the state of Michigan. Buick's have been a favored brand in China since the 1930's when the ruler then, Cheng Ki Shek, had a Buick and it was looked on as a great brand. He was also a great supporter of America. The Flying Tigers were founded under his reign further endearing the Chinese people to America. The communist government does not like us but the people still do. It is funny how everyone hates on the Aztek but Honda makes an equally ugly Element and everyone thinks it is great. That is one ugly vehicle. I am also mad at GM about dropping Pontiac. I work at the GM Warren Technical Center and I still let my opinion about them dropping Pontiac. I had a 2016 Buick Regal GS with a turbo 2.0 4 cylinder and that car was fantastic. It was fairly quick, handled great and was a very nice car to drive. If I had not needed a truck to pull a travel trailer my wife bought, I still would have the Regal. I drive a 2018 Colorado Z71 and my wife has a 2013 Camaro SS,. Her car is a blast to drive. It is faster than my 1976 Firebird, until my new engine is done.
Technically a classic is not 25 years, CCCA has the list of cars.

To be illegible for AACA status ( Antique Automobile club of America) that would be 25 years old.

Any modified car negates everything said above and makes a modified car a collectible car if it's worthy.

My opinion on Pontiac is; When G.M. started putting other corporate engines in a Pontiac the game was over. I was raised to understand that the engine was the heart and soul of the Brand. After considerable reading about Pontiac's history, including all of the politicking that went on over the years I am really surprised Pontiac lasted as long as it did. Guys like Ed Cole really had it in for Pontiac and it's top managers.
When the corporate Pontiac did get the ax it was selling more cars in the states than Buick. The Chinese connection with G.M. / Buick and the big move of most of engineering to China tells me there is no more allegiance in this company called G.M. To think during WW2 a U.S. president making a G.M. president head of U.S. wartime production. Today that would be impossible and unthinkable considering the issues with what China is doing.

The Following User Says Thank You to U47 For This Useful Post: