View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 04:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25stevem View Post
I prefer to take the time ( 4 to 5 minutes) to slowly fill my new filters to the very top, or as close as I can to get most of the air out.

Hydro systems are way different then oil that feeds the bearings.
Air in a hydro system and you just end up getting no extension because air can be compressed, air mixed in with oil going into the bearing gap where only pure oil should be can make for brief metal to metal contact and you don’t want that in the least!

Thank you but I will take my chances that there might be some some micro crap in my new oil.

besides what about the rest of the new oil that your going to add to motor once you have the new filter primed, are we to pre-Filter or look at all that new oil first in a big one gallon glass jug to look for crap?

These YouTube guys many times just go out on a limb with a subject just to get it up there and make money!

I have never had problems with crap in new oil and I fully expect I never will!
I'm fairly certain you have nowhere near the experience I have in hydraulic systems. I've never filled a filter in any of my servicing, nor in the many service schools i attended was I ever taught to fill one.

If the dirt is microscopic, how would you see it?

Your logic makes little sense to me, but you're entitled to your opinion.

This is a holdover for the school that thinks if you start an engine with an empty filter, you stave the bearings. I've changed oil in thousands of engines, never spun a bearing upon start up.

If it's a worry, can you find any written directions that a manufacturer directs someone to prefill a filter, because I can't.

It's a non issue.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following User Says Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post: